Chicago Blues District, Chicago, IL
Commissioned by the City of Chicago, this visionary project was the brain child of Mayor Richard Daley. He wished to develop a revised 'Chicago Blues District to bring to life the Jazz & Blues era of the 1940’s. In conjunction with an architectural firm, Ed Dwight redesigned six blocks along 47th at King Drive; including streetscapes, light poles and entry sculptures. The intersection is highlighted by four 27’ tall jazz towers with musicians atop. The towers are lit from the inside with strobe lights that illuminate the figures.
The sculptures were installed and unveiled in 2004.